Frequently Asked Law Questions

Popular Questions



Contact Filicetti Law Office P.A. as soon as you find out that you are the target of a criminal, administrative, or civil investigation. It is not uncommon for a police officer to be the target of unsubstantiated accusations and unjustified allegations. At Filicetti Law Office P.A., we understand the reality of the streets and the parameters of the law. We know how internal affairs investigations and prosecutorial review work. Our office has been defending police officers since 1998. When bad things happen to good cops, we will do everything we can to set the record straight, protect you, your reputation and employment, and provide the aggressive legal defense you need.

Notify your attorney immediately upon being told of the accusations. It is very common for police officers to trap themselves early in a case by an interview that goes poorly, without the input of legal counsel. We will travel immediately for internal affairs interviews, critical incidents, and criminal charges. We will defend you and keep you protected from surprise.


In nearly all situations you should provide a breath sample for a breathalyzer or chemical test. In Idaho, there is a one year ABSOLUTE suspension for refusing to provide a breath sample and you can still be charged with DUI even if you refuse. There’s simply not a compelling enough reason to refuse consent to a chemical test.


If the other driver’s insurance company calls you, never give a statement about the auto accident. You should refuse to speak to them. Be polite, but do not provide them with any information about the accident. Insurance claims adjusters are professional negotiators and will use any information you provide to hurt your claim. They will be taping any statements that you make. Make sure you do not sign any paperwork, even medical records, without consulting a knowledgeable personal injury attorney.

Don't Hesitate to Seek Legal Help.We represent good people in bad situations

Get started on your case, today